What are some of the top Wedding Cake Trends? Most popular themes and ideas of 2019? We are here to tell you. Remember, this is your day and your cake should be exactly what you have always desired.
Putting a new spin on the whole ‘wedding breakfast’ thing, is this cake made entirely from layers of crepes, fruit and powdered sugar! And you don’t have to stick with your classic vanilla crepe. Pancake cakes emerge in all sorts of different colors and styles, even red velvet or chocolate would add some fun to the brunch wedding.
1. Cakes that drip. The Drip style work with any cake base to create something really indulgent. Meanwhile, colorful drips on a classic white cake certainly do make it eye-catching.
2. Something more unusual is this insane ‘shaggy’ look, with each strand carefully frosted individually. It’s a great way to incorporate your wedding colors into the design to make sure everything fits perfectly.
3. The Floral watercolor cake could be the one for you. For example, dusty pink with gold leaf detail, macarons and roses sweeping up the sides.
4. Botanical cakes – especially with cacti, succulents or even edible flowers.
5. A wedding cake made entirely from brownies, or even cookies.
6. Ombre wedding cakes. In case you weren’t aware, ombre’ is basically the gradual blending of different hues and colors. Generally beginning with light, and ending with the bottom tier in dark colors.
7. Cakes that are black or celestial
Forget a traditional white cake, imagine a midnight blue cake with marbled layers. It almost looks like you are gazing into the milky way (and not the chocolate kind). Meanwhile, a black, ruffled middle tier adds a dramatic effect to your wedding cake design. And with a pop of color from the flowers, you will never go wrong. What fun Wedding Cake Trends we have for 2019! This lovely image was captured by Leslie D Photography.